Young & Gilling Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This notice explains how we will collect your personal data and how we use your personal data when you visit our website.
Young & Gilling Ltd is a data controller in respect of the personal data processed when you visit our website.
This website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins or applications which may allow third parties to collect or share your personal data. We are not responsible for their use of your personal data and cannot control it.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
As a business we collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data depending on who you are.
If you are purchasing, renting, selling or letting a property through Young & Gilling Ltd, or purchasing, renting, selling or letting a property from one of our clients, we collect and use your personal data in order for us to provide you with our services. The personal data we collect and use may include:
- Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, username and password, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback and survey responses)
- Contact Data (billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Financial Data (bank account and payment details)
- Transaction Data (details about payments to and from you and other services you have purchased through us)
- Technical Data (internet protocol address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identified, location data and other similar identifying information required for the customer's device(s) to communicate with websites and applications on the internet)
- Marketing and Communications Data (your marketing preferences from us)
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to email@example.com or by writing to Young & Gilling Ltd, 3 Crescent Terrace, Cheltenham, Glos. GL50 3PE.
2. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services;
- register an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- walk-in to or telephone our office;
- give us some feedback.
Third parties or publicly available source
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment services based inside the EU.
Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as:
- Rightmove based inside the EU
- Zoopla Property Group based inside the EU
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data in ways that are necessary for our legitimate interests and the uses for which we have collected it. If we need to process your personal data for a different purpose that is not compatible with the original purpose that we collected your personal data, we will let you know.
We may process your personal data for a different purpose and without your consent where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
The following are ways in which we will use your personal data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide with you the information, products and services you request from us
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business and to recover debts due to us)
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You also have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you do withdraw your consent, this will result in us ceasing to market goods and services to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- clicking the update preferences link and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences; or
- contacting us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01242 521129.
If you do withdraw your consent to receiving marketing messages, we will still process your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you and in accordance with our legal, accountancy and regulatory obligations.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third-party company for marketing purposes.
When someone visits www.youngandgilling.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Young & Gilling Ltd’s website may automatically create a ‘cookie’ when you visit us. A ‘cookie’ is a piece of information that is held on your PC or internet-enabled device, which enables a website to recognise you and allows us to tailor your visit to your specific requirements. This ‘cookie’ is deleted automatically once your internet browser is closed.
Young & Gilling Ltd’s use of 'cookies' does not include the collection of any personal information regarding the use of your PC, device or internet browsing in any way.
If you do not want a cookie to be created on your PC or device, web browsers provide the option to disable them. Please note that some services on this site may not be available if you choose to disable cookies.
You can read more about cookies and their use at the Interactive Advertising Bureau's dedicated website: www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in section 3 above. We have agreements in place with our third parties that restrict their use of your personal data. We only allow third parties to use your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
External Third Parties
Service providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services, anti-money laundering service providers, tenancy deposit administrators (such as the Tenancy Deposit Scheme) and services to enable us to perform our contract with you.
Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accountancy services.
HMRC, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Other Third Parties
Sometimes there may be third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
Young & Gilling Ltd is committed to operating its business in a transparent and open manner consistent with our legal and regulatory obligations. We are aware that the real estate industry is a target for organised criminals seeking to launder the proceeds of criminal activity. We always seek to prevent this activity by cooperating fully with the authorities and reporting suspicious activity to the National Crime Agency.
As part of this commitment, we adopt a strict compliance of all Anti-Money Laundering rules, with specific emphasis on the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, the Bribery Act 2010 and the Terrorism Act 2000.
Young & Gilling Ltd’s policy commitment is applicable to all of our customers, including vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants. As a result we obtain and hold for a period of at least seven years evidence pertaining to our customers' identity and, where appropriate, we obtain proof of ownership of property and source/destination of funds. We will be unable to proceed with any work on behalf of our customers if we are unable to obtain this information. Customers' identity will be subject to an electronic identity check, which may also include a credit check.
Young & Gilling Ltd is registered and supervised by HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
5. DATA SECURITY
Once we have received your personal data we will use reasonable and necessary procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. For example, we limit who can access your personal data to those individuals and third parties who need to know it and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality. If we become aware of a data breach we will notify the Information Commissioner's Office. If we believe that the data breach is serious, we may notify you in accordance with our legal requirements.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, except to a country offering the same level of protection for your personal data. For example, with certain service providers we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which ensures that your personal data has the same protection as it would have in Europe.
7. DATA RETENTION
We hold on to your personal data whilst you use our services (or whilst we provide services connected to you) and for at least seven years thereafter, for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes. If we need to hold on to your personal data for longer, we take into consideration the potential risks in continuing to store your data against why we might need to keep it. In some circumstances we might anonymise your personal data so it is not associated with you, and we may then use this information indefinitely.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have the right to protect and look after your personal data. You have the right to:
- ask us for the personal data that we hold and process about you (this is commonly known as a data subject access request). You have rights to the following information:
- the purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- the categories of personal information we hold about you
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- the period for which we will store your information, or the criteria used to determine that period;
- prevent the use of your personal data for marketing purposes by informing a Young & Gilling Ltd telephone operator; or
- by ticking the relevant boxes on the data collection forms; or
- by clicking the “update preferences” link on our marketing email and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences; or
- by emailing email@example.com
- ask that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected;
- ask that we delete the personal data we hold about you in certain situations;
- ask that we stop using your personal data for certain purposes;
- ask that we do not make decisions about you using completely automated means; and/or
- ask that personal data we hold about you is given to you or, where technically feasible, a third party chosen by you, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
The rights listed above may apply in certain circumstances, and so we may not always be able to comply with your request to exercise these rights. We will usually respond to a request from you to exercise your rights within 1 month of receipt, but it might take longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. Please be aware that we may need to process your personal data and/or request specific information from you to help us comply with your request. You will not usually have to pay a fee to exercise these rights, but we reserve the right to if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request.
Complaints and Feedback
If you would like to speak to us about how we handle your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) who is the UK supervisory authority (SA) for data protection issues.
How to contact Young & Gilling Ltd
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, we and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this website.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it).
If any part of our terms and conditions is deemed to be unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed exclusively by English law.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Young & Gilling Ltd is registered in England and Wales (registered number 4105015). Our registered office is at 3 Crescent Terrace, Cheltenham, Glos. GL50 3PE.